Monday 9 December 2019

Berlin, Day 6 -19/11/19 - Mall of Berlin and Flight Home

Today was my last day in Berlin. I didn't want to do too much with today, so I went to Mall of Berlin at Potsdamerplatz, because that way I knew I'd stay close to a train station. I had a small bite to eat and picked up a few little items along the way. I just get worried about not being able to make my flight, and to be fair I always find there's enough to do in airports that I can kill time.
One of the things I had to get was some form of sweets to bring home to my workplace. I found some chocolates that were rolled in hundreds and thousands and could be stuffed in my suitcase to bring back. I also went into Bijou Bridgette, which is one of Europe's best kept secrets. It's an accessory chain store, and I like how delicate some of the jewellery looks. I picked up a necklace.

I will say, it did feel like there wasn't much at Mall of Berlin, but it also seemed to be undergoing some huge construction. Maybe soon, it will be a larger mall with more of a choice of shops.
This I did like - a model of the Potsdamerplatz area.
I stopped for lunch at a place called Sushi Circle - a place selling conveyor-belt sushi that was honestly also reasonably priced compared to similar places back home.
I have a condition - if I see sushi, it's hard for me to resist.
Like I said, there wasn't much at the Mall of Berlin, so I made my way to Schoenefeld airport. I was pretty early for my flight, but I like to think that nothing's early if you have a book with you. I read until I could pass through security and got myself a quick ham and cheese croissant before the flight. There was a few hours since my sushi, which doesn't fill me up for long, and I wouldn't be eating during the flight. I also picked myself up a few Ritter bars to take home as a little way to take some of the holiday back with me.
Last day purchases! Necklace and chocolates.

No comments:

Post a Comment